Click on the image below to download your copy of the Summer edition of The Trumpet … Next issue returns in the Fall.
It is with great sadness that we communicate the passing of Dominick
Scali’s father this weekend.
Please keep the Scali family in your prayers.
Information regarding services will be forthcoming.
Arrangements are Tuesday 2-4:30 & 7-9:30 @ Ralph Aievoli Funeral Home. 65th st & 13th Ave Bklyn.
Wednesday mass 9:30 am @ Regina Pacis Church 9:30 am.
SCRIP for the food stores is also available for purchase if that is more convenient for you.
And of course cash and checks are always welcomed, just mark SR Food bank on the memo or envelope. Your support is appreciated!
Dear Parish Family,
I am sending a few quick reminders your way, for events during the next couple of weeks.
- Sunday, June 1 is Ascension Day. Please wear something white.
- Sunday, June 8 is The Day of Pentecost. Please wear something red.
- It is also Youth Sunday, the last 8 & 10 am services and the annual Parish Picnic. There will be barbecued hamburgers, hot dogs and fish. Please bring in a salad, side or dessert for the picnic.
- We are in need of volunteers to help spruce up the interior of the Rectory on Sunday, June 1. Any questions, please contact Kim De Sarno.
- We are also seeking volunteers to work on the outside of the rectory on Saturday, June 7 from 9 AM to 1:00 PM. Please contact Bill Kendrick with any questions.
At Today’s service, the newly ordained (as in yesterday), Reverend Katlin McCallister was the Celebrant for the first as a Priest.
The house was packed today due to the 70th Birthday Celebration of Mae Palmer who had many of her family and friends in attendance at the service.
Congratulations and Happy Birthday Mae!
During the service, members of Holy Trinity presented Rev. McCallister with a commemorative stole to take with her as she begins her ministry at St. Alban’s Episcopal Church in Tuscon Arizona.
Later in the service, Father John Negrotto also presented Katlin with one of his own stoles that he’d personally used in ministry for over 40 years!
Katlin McCallister was baptized at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in South River, was a cherub in the Christmas Pagents, a member of the Youth Group and grew up in the Church, learning to love God and his people. Now we are proud to send her forth to preach the word of God with all our love and best wishes.
By the Grace of God and with the People consenting, the Right Reverend William Hallock Stokes, D.D. Bishop of New Jersey will ordain to the Sacred Order of Priests in Christ’s One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church
Katlin Elise McCallister
Today, Saturday, the twenty-fourth day of May in the year of our Lord 2014 at 11 o’clock in the morning in Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, South River, New Jersey
Your prayers and presence are requested.