Meet Jessica Alcid, Holy Trinity’s new Music Director! Jessica is currently serving as Music Minister of St. Alban’s Episcopal Church in Oakland, NJ. Her first Sunday with Holy Trinity will be April 23. Learn more about Jessica in the forthcoming Easter issue of The Trumpet, Holy Trinity’s newsletter.
You are warmly invited to worship at Holy Trinity in Holy Week and Easter:
- Apr. 9, 10 a.m. Palm Sunday – one service, with palm procession and a reading of the Passion Gospel in parts. Followed by rehearsal for all volunteers scheduled to serve in Holy Week.
- April 13, 6:30 p.m. Maundy Thursday simple Lenten supper; 7 p.m. Celebration of Holy Eucharist in commemoration of the institution of the Lord’s Supper, with foot washing. Concludes with the stripping and washing of the altar in preparation for Good Friday. The watch over the reserved Sacrament begins at 9 p.m. and concludes at 9 a.m. on Good Friday.
- April 14, 9 a.m. Good Friday of Compassionate Service: a short, child-friendly service with communion from the reserved Sacrament, followed by multi-generational activities. Noon spoken Solemn liturgy from the Book of Common Prayer, with communion from the reserved Sacrament. 7 p.m. Tenebrae, includes sacred music in partnership with the First Reformed Church of South River and Union Baptist Church.
- April 15, 8 p.m. The Great Vigil of Easter. A candlelit celebration of the Holy Eucharist, with Holy Baptism.
- April 16, 10 a.m. Easter Day – one festival service, with the flowering of the cross and an Easter egg hunt on the grounds.
Strengthen your skills as an Acolyte, Eucharistic Minister, Lector, Prayer Leader, Usher, Greeter, Presenter! Learn about why we do what we do and how to be effective in your ministries.
This training is appropriate for both long-serving members and new volunteers.
It’s also the Feast of the Annunciation, the announcement of the angel Gabriel to Mary that she would conceive and give birth to the Christ-child.
The Ministry Training Morning is Saturday, March 25, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Register with Br. John Henry Ernestine, BSG, Associate for Liturgy & Spiritual Life: BrotherJohnHenry@holytrinitysr.org
You are invited to a home-cooked meal and to learn more about Christian faith and how to share it. “Speaking Our Faith” is our weekly Wednesday Lenten education program. The series starts March 8 and continues through April 5. Each session runs 6:30-8:00 p.m. It’s an opportunity for getting to know other people, going into greater depth of understanding about our faith, and finding words to express our faith. All are warmly welcome to attend – please bring a friend!
Todos estan invitados a celebrar en espanol, el primer Domingo de Cuaresma, el 5 de Marzo a las 12, en la Iglesia Episcopal Holy Trinity 90 Leonardine Avenue, South River. Si tienen preguntas, pongasen en contacto con Joe Rodriguez, (908) 872-1997 o envia un mensaje electronico a Joe@HolyTrinitySR.org
Help support HOLY TRINITY CHURCH HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
March 30, 2017 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. 4:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M.
at the Panera Bread bakery-cafe at 755 State Highway 18 755 State Highway 18 East Brunswick, NJ 08816 East Brunswick, NJ 08816
Bring the flyer when you dine with us and we’ll donate a portion of the proceeds from your purchase.
Please hand in a hard copy or show an electronic version of this flyer upon placing your order. Purchases of gift cards are not counted towards the event. It’s a great way to combine great taste and great fun – for a great cause. Learn more about Fundraising Nights at Panera Bread at: www.PaneraBread.com/fundraiser